Information collected from Merchants
When you install any app, we are automatically able to access certain types of information from your Shopify account: You can see the details here. We collect this information to provide you with our services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, provide customer support when you contact us, provide you with advertising and marketing.
Information collected from Merchants’ customers
For us to be able to provide you with our services and support, for you to better serve your customers, and to improve our services, in some apps we collect information about your customers. Here are the details:
- LAI AliExpress Reviews: If customers choose to submit a review on the Merchant’s website, we will collect any information customers choose to provide within such review, including: photos, rating, review text, and comments to the review.
- Product Labels: No customer personal information will be collected.
Information collected when you visit our Website
When you visit our website, we collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies installed on your device. We collect the information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, including how to disable them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the site, and collect data such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
How we share information
We share your Personal Information with the following third parties to help us conduct our business and support our customers.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our website, our apps. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information at google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use CustomerIO for email marketing and to maintain our customer lists. You can read more about how CustomerIO uses your Personal Information at https://customer.io/privacy-policy.html
- We use Freshdesk to communicate with you and provide customer support when you contact us. You can read more about how Freshdesk uses your Personal Information at https://www.freshworks.com/privacy/
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for any information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe could be of interest to you. You can opt out of Facebook and Google targeted advertising at facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads and google.com/settings/ads/anonymous.
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
Smartify Apps processes and stores personal information using our server(s) based in the United States.
Use of Smartify Apps by Children
Smartify Apps is not intended for children. If you are under 13, you may use the site and services only with the supervision of your parents or guardian.
Smartify Apps understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you are a merchant and wish to exercise these rights, please contact us through email@example.com. We may require that you provide us with acceptable verification of your identity before providing access to such information.
If you are a merchant’s customer and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the merchants you interacted with directly — we serve as a processor on their behalf, and can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond.